Personal Support Aide - Home Care
|Job Category||Health Care|
|A professional family in Oakville, On requires an experienced Local Caregiver/ Personal Support Aide with recent relevant paid, work experience to care for their 89 year old father who is physically disabled.|
Employers: F. Zamir & Z. Ahmad
Major Intersection: Dundas Street & 8th Line
Days Off: Two Days Off per week (Generally Saturday and Sunday or as per Employer's requirement depending upon his work schedule)
Optional accommodation (free furnished room with a lock on the door for privacy and all meals free) available at no charge on a live in basis.
*Please note: this is not a condition of employment.
Care Duties and Responsibilities:
- Care for senior's needs when Employer is at work; Cook and feed him simple meals
- Assist with bathing, dressing, feeding and toileting and other activities of daily living.
- Perform light housekeeping chores around senior's needs and do his laundry, fold and keep away his clothes etc.
- Provide Care and Companionship and Assume full responsibility for household in absence of Employer.
- Keep senior's living area neat and clean, safe, hygienic and organized.
|Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Salary||$16.50 to $18.00 per hour for 30 hour work week|
|Credentials||A P.S.W or Geriatric First Aid/CPR Certification would be nice to have but is NOT a requirement.|
Must have good and verifiable references
Must be able to provide a recent police check/clearance
|Education Requirements||Must Have Canadian High School Diploma, Have completed Canadian High School or have equivalent education from elsewhere.|
|Essential Skills||- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills|
- Must be honest, kind, caring, trustworthy, reliable, punctual, flexible and must have initiative.
- Must be warm, loving, kind and able to care for, provide companionship to and assist senior with Activities of Daily Living, cook and feed him simple meals, do his laundry,
- assist him with his mobility and work with physically challenged senior.
|Experience||Must Have One Plus Year of Full-time, Paid, Relevant Senior care Work Experience in the past three years.|
|Languages||Must Be Fluent In English|
|Weight Handling||Must be able to handle up to 9 Kgs.|
|Work Settings||Urban Setting|
Work in Employer's House
|Additional Skills||- Must be neat and clean and organized,|
- Should be able to observe and pay attention to and report details of senior's health.
|How To Apply||Please submit your updated and detailed resume along with recent, relevant work references and a recent Police Clearance to: Fauzi@resortsuite.com |
Quote position title in the subject line of the e-mail. Indigenous Persons, Youth & Newcomers to Canada are encouraged to apply